After a hiatus, I’m back writing and reporting my latest adventure. In fact, not much of an adventure as I didn’t explore much more than the ginormous resort I stayed at for 8 days but hey, I needed it. Let me recap. I try to go on holiday to luxury resorts in wonderful spots – yes, I like my comfort. I look for deals and try to “chase” my dream destination until I can book or afford it on my terms. And this year, we chose Bali. The Ayana Resort & Spa is one of the most awarded luxury resorts in the entire Asia and deservingly so. And needless to say, I fell instantly in love with the pool. That was enough – spa, restaurants, beautiful beach and room… we booked.
Bali is lush, far away and interesting.
The highlights and takeaways?
– real relax. 8 hours ahead, enough to not be disconnected completely but also plenty to forget about Europe.
– total pampering. The spa and Aquatonic pool were just idyllic and I can never recommend them enough.
– virtually no Europeans – nice for a change. Hearing new languages and new stories.
– super nice people. And a lovely place to explore. We went to Ubud and the Monkey Sanctuary on a guided day trip.
– fish fish fish. I ate my body weight in fish.
– a stopover in Hong Kong made sure I could stock up on Asian branded goodies like SKII, Albion and Shiseido. My new favourite is Laneige lip mask. Stay tuned for a dedicated post on my beauty routine 🙂
Traveling makes me feel excited about life.
Every now and then I believe we need a break – if you’ve been reading TSF, I am not a fan of long detox from work for various reasons, but 7-9 days are ideal. Here you have a #bestofBali photo diary – and yes, I like me some infinity pools.
Stay tuned for next post… the #TSFWishlist Holiday Edit is coming!