So… it’s that time of the year again. 🎅🏻
Merry and bright, jingle all the way etc. I was never a real Xmas aficionado but I cannot deny that London is cute and lovely when the holidays come round. While I always pick a charity to donate to (and this year I am looking up some who care for the homeless, as it’s rapidly becoming an epidemic both in the UK and in the States), we cannot deny we are also here for the presents. Even self-presents, for those who worked hard and deserve a little treat! Of course, I will never stop wanting a Chanel flap bag in caviar beige (hint hint) but for the moment I’m settling on some other little gems to cheer the holidays up.
My personal list has got:
- a pair of OTK leather boots from Stuart Weitzman
- a pair of burgundy suede shoes from Louboutin
- a ring light for videos and tutorials
- a new iPhone 11 Max Pro (I’m upgrading from an 8 so I think it’s about time!)
- a red bag – currently eyeing a Gucci Soho or a WoC from Chanel.
While some of this may happen, who knows, for now I’m excited to be spending 2 days in New York and then flying to England with the hubby to spend the holidays and I may as well spend all the money on restaurants 🙂 Also, this year, I’ve decided to turn to pre-loved sites – my favourite is Vestiaire Collective – for a more sustainable approach to gifting (and saving the environment as much as we can). So whether it’s for yourself or for your loved ones pull a Greta and act circular.
- Scarves, gloves and hats are always a hot option to face the colder weather.nd I’ve developed a passion from cravattes and tiny foulards like those from Hermès, Dior and a Chanel to mention my fave brands of the century
- Beauty is key once again. I cannot recommend Summer Fridays any more (and they have affordable tubes so do try it) and also Patrick Ta’s new line makes some nice Christmas presents
- If you are blessed enough to live in a country with Sephora, they have a long list of offers and Xmassy small ideas for all pockets
- Reading list: kindles are super affordable and can be delivered in no time esp if you have prime.
- AirPods are getting a makeover so the 1st gen is way more affordable now and still spectacular as a present
- I love myself a little bit of a massage and I’m eyeing a spa package at the Corinthia or Bulgari Hotel in London
- For sweet toothed friends and family, why not gift an afternoon tea experience? It’s practically dinner and you can really make the most of the price. My favourite is Sketch but booking is vital and a spot is oh-so-hard to achieve; alternatively try the all-time classics Ritz, Corinthia, Café Royal, National Portrait Gallery or Claridges.
- I love Veuve Cliquot champagne and also what Selfridges has done with this personalization idea. Super cute and a good memoir of a good time. Also look for websites that categorise items based on their cost (under 20, under 50, under 100) like Nordstrom and it’ll be easier to get the perfect gift while staying within the perfect budget.
- For the home: The White Company is a mine of cute gifts for the home – just get a couple of soft cushions and the bed makeover is done!
- Dyptique is a classic for me – I love the candles as well as the fragrance diffusers and they come in a wide array of scents for every taste.
- Don’t miss Net-À-Porter sales and reductions. Last year I snapped up an amazing YSL in one of the seasonal edits and it’s one of my favourite bags ever since. So why not wait till the 26th to try the great post-holidays winter deals?
- Personalised pens: I love the options from Cartier and Tiffany’s that come with engraving and a gift wrap so cute you won’t want to open it!
And you? What’s on your list? Have sorted all your presents already?