The cold is finally here. Love Actually is being watched non-stop. Mariah Carey is singing All I want for Christmas in annoying loops… it’s beginning to look a lot like Xmas! Well, one week to go to X-Day and here we are again with a new exciting #TSFWishlist of gift ideas and tips to fit your budget. This year I’ve decided that I will be gifting just a very few people – we are spending the holidays in California this year – the second one I ever get to celebrate NOT in Italy, in my entire life – and my family is also investing in the trip so clearly there is no space for more gifts. I’ve only bought some cute little presents for my husband, my mum and dad and some special friends who were invaluable this year and really deserved love, affection and a token of my gratitude (you know who you are).
As for me, I have to say this year has been incredible – for better and for worse, and I’ll talk about it in details about it in my usual end of year review soon enough (see last year here in the run up to the 2018 edition) so there’s only so much I may want or let alone need for Xmas (I’m not going to kid anyone: there’s always some room for more cute ideas and pressies but I’m not getting anything for me this year).
Scent, beauty and oils
- Air diffuser, Esteban Paris: so many air diffusers I love from this line! The oil with the sticks is my go-to.
- Nail polish, OPI: I’m obsessed by the classic nude Tiramisu for two – perfect coverage, shiny nude.
- Massage voucher, Cowshed: a classic option for tired freelancers like me. Vouchers can be printed online too!
- Candle, Ortigia: Since I visited Sicily, I see this brand everywhere. Their citrusy scents are so rich and decadent.
- Travel-sized set of fragrance, LV: My new favourite perfume is Dans la Peau, apparently a total best seller.
- Shower gel kit, Dyptique: I’ve got a kit of cream, shower gel and scrub in a handy travel pouch.
- Body oil, Chanel: a bit more pricey than most of this list but, oh so perfect. Comes in 4 scents and a large bottle.
- Hand cream, @lamer: my favourite hand cream… I’ve been dreaming about a travel-sized version!
Accessories and tech
- Passport cover, Louis Vuitton: I have the mens style in grey, and it’s durable, waterproof and stylish.
- Wireless charger, Logitech: Ideal for new gen iPhones (from 7 upwards), it works for Apple Watch too.
- Glasses case, Liberty: practical leather pouch for reading glasses (this is the one my mum loves).
- Decorative glass, Liberty: the home and accessories floor is full of all sorts of glasses and cups.
- Fancy socks, Happy Socks: ideal present for the sporty, funny gentlemen in your list
- Specialty tights, Tabio: and for the ladies, who doesn’t like a fun take on boring tights?
- Travel adapter kit, Apple: A must-have for crazy travellers like me.
- AirPod, Apple: These ingenious in-ear headphones are perfect for everyone – even my dad loves them.
- Scarf, Hermès: You cannot fail with Hermès. I bought a cachemire scarf for my wedding and it’s super warm.
- Hat, Cos: I matched one of their soft cachemire hats with my camel coat – I love all their beanies.
- Self-adhesive whiteboard, Amazon: for all the ideas that you have as soon as you step out of the shower 🙂
- Afternoon tea, Brasserie of Light: this is a new restaurant that just opened on the Mens Floor in Selfridges, home to a Damien Hirst, 24-feet Pegasus sculpture decorated with crystals. Go see it – and the food is delicious! Booking essential.
- Cheap flights, Skyscanner.com: I’d love for someone to book me on a flight somewhere! Last year I booked my parents an escape to Malaga – sometimes you do find real steals!
- World of style book, by Aimee Song: I love a good coffee table book and the second instalment from one of my favourite style icons from the Instaverse Aimee song is perfect. Available on Amazon.
- Notebooks and books, Megan Hess: the drawings and the classy binding style of these notebooks make the real master pieces. Almost too pretty to write on them!
- Subscription to V&A Museum: a classic. My favourite museum, the V&A is an endless source of cultural eye candy.
- Marble-effect iPhone case, Richmond and Finch: plastic, lightweight and cool – these covers are sturdy and classy at the same time. Mine is white.
- Infinity bracelet, Tiffany: my dad’s present to mum this year is adorable – I can’t wait for her to see it.
- Ceramic cups, Tiffany: this gift is perfect for couple and housewarmings. I’m tempted…
- A ride on the London Eye: my favourite landmark, you have to go if you are in London. 130 metres high, 30 minutes for a revolution, stunning on a sunny day.
- Coffee cups, Nespresso: one can never have too many cups, uh? I love the glass ones (which are also super easy to clean and are dishwasher safe).